Strategic consulting for the transformation and innovation of your business models
Quantum Computing: managing complexity to optimize workflows
- Quantum Computing techniques and use cases
- Lutech’s Quantum Computing skills and expertise
- Quantum Computing in industry: why invest now?
- Quantum Computing in the Telco & Media sector
- Computing for Industry 4.0 and training in the manufacturing sector
- Quantum Computing in the financial services sector
- Security and quantum computing: opportunities for encryption
Quantum computing exploits the properties of quantum mechanics to process information
Entering a new paradigm of solutions which allow us to solve highly complex problems. This is the challenge underlying the birth of quantum computers, machines which exploit quantum physics, a science which “breaks” the classical view of the world and attempts to study the smallest building blocks of matter, quanta, to understand how our universe really works.
Quantum Computing allows us to deal with problems which would be prohibitively complex for traditional computers, particularly those of exponential complexity, thanks to qubit technology: the technology underlying our current computers is known as bits (representing the binary states of 0 or 1), while a quantum computer uses qubits, a more complex and real representation which allows the system to carry out calculations which a normal computer could never hope to complete. These systems are not a replacement, but rather something which solves a class of problems in and of itself: if traditional computers were a car, quantum computers would be a ship.
Quantum computers would therefore allow us to take on problems which were previously completely unsolvable, resolving insurmountable complexities and optimizing workflows: chemical and engineering models of materials, artificial intelligence, corporate risk models, financial calculations, and numerical engineering simulations are just some of the fields which are already seeing benefits, thus contributing to improved business performance, decreased emissions and the creation of a powerful tool for Industry 4.0.
The value generated by quantum computing will not only be at the commercial level, but will also provide important impacts in social and sustainability terms. It will be possible to use quantum computers to improve weather forecasting models, make production processes more efficient and reduce waste, help to identify new materials and new chemical reactions, and reduce environmental impact.
Quantum Computing techniques and use cases
There are various techniques through which we can make use of the processing power of quantum computers and develop algorithms. The most promising areas of technology in this regard are:
- Quantum Machine Learning (QML), which makes use of the laws of quantum mechanics to extract value from data and support business solutions guided by data, accelerating artificial intelligence algorithms and making them more accurate;
- Quantum Optimization (QO), optimization algorithms which, combined with the speed of quantum computing, can support complex problems;
- Quantum Cybersecurity, to improve on current security systems with quantum Encryptors, quantum random number generators, quantum key generators, and in the encrypted communications field;
- Quantum Simulation, simulation algorithms to analyze the properties of molecules and the behavior of chemical reactions useful for developing new materials and pharmaceuticals;
- Quantum Blockchain, post-quantum solutions with symmetric key algorithms with increased key size, for the security of the algorithms and applications in the cryptography field.
Lutech’s Quantum Computing skills and expertise
Lutech’s Quantum Computing team includes IBM Certified Associate Developers - Quantum Computation using Qiskit v0.2X
An IBM Qiskit Developer is a certified professional who has fundamental knowledge of quantum computing concepts and is able to express it using the Qiskit open source software development kit (SDK).
In order to apply Quantum Computing across different sectors, it is key to train qualified personnel who can understand and use this highly complex technology in the best manner to allow for the operational development of software solutions.
Lutech Group, thanks to a dedicated team of experts, can assist companies in any industry in gaining the know-how required to develop applications on quantum computers, an ever-more strategic competitive advantage for development in the scientific and industrial field. Thanks to our partners, we are able to offer all cutting-edge technologies for the implementation of quantum computing projects.
Lutech is also a member of QuIC, the European Quantum Industry Consortium, whose mission is to increase the competitiveness and growth of the European quantum technology industry in order to build a strong and lively ecosystem of companies, start-ups, investors and researchers. Through this partnership it has also been possible to start up specialized training pathways aimed both at the C-Level of large companies interested in learning more about the applications of quantum computing technology and to young graduates who will be the professionals of the future in this field.
Lutech Group’s experiences in the Quantum Computing field include:
- The Executive Workshop "Quantum Computing is coming, and it's reinventing the tech Industry” was held at Lutech Campus. Within the scope of the Lutech Campus Executive Workshop, held in partnership with QURECA, a prestigious scientific organization of Quantum Computing trainers, we analyzed the fundamentals of quantum computing and its formidable ecosystem which differs greatly from the laws of classical physics, and looked together at numerous applications useful for various industrial sectors and critical fields, such as quantum security, with concrete research cases. The target of the event were the C-Level executives of some of our biggest clients, such as Intesa Sanpaolo Rent For You, Humanitas, Nexi, Banca Fideuram, IEO, Credemfactor, Mediaset, Crédit Agricole Italia, ARIA, Carl Zeiss Vision Italia Spa, Vodafone, Edenred Italia, Banca Sella, and UniCredit.
- Alongside Cineca, we held the Practical Quantum Computing School 2022, a digital course to give interested parties and enthusiasts a run-down of the quantum technologies currently most used on the market. Various companies participated in the initiative, each bringing to the table their own knowledge on the topic and tools in use, in a university-like environment.
- The BI-REX consortium is an important partner for Lutech, thanks to which we are carrying out various quantum computing projects with the participation of companies both small and large. We have made available to BI-REX’s users the experience of our experts and a QLM machine which they are able to use to bring their ideas to life.
Quantum Computing in industry: why invest now?
Like with artificial intelligence, we are living through a moment of great development and interest in quantum computers: ensuring we are prepared is becoming a requirement more than a possibility, but how should we choose which technologies to focus on? How could they improve your business?
Quantum Computing in the Telco & Media sector
By exploiting the speed and power of quantum computers, goals such as improving the scheduling of advertising media, creating networks or planning of product lifecycles would be highly optimized.
Computing for Industry 4.0 and training in the manufacturing sector
Quantum computers stand out in a range of sectors, thanks to their incredibly advanced base specifications. One of these is precisely manufacturing for the development of innovative products and services which transform and redefine manufacturing production, the search for new materials and the development of new products, and more generally, for the optimization of processes in manufacturing.
More specifically, these systems excel in areas such as:
- Quantum chemistry, where the simulation of interactions between particles reach previously unimagined levels of detail, such as
- Simulation of molecules for battery development
- Development of innovative pharmaceuticals
- Simulation of materials for preventive tests
- Development of revolutionary materials
- Combinatorial optimization, now present in almost any production problem
- Scheduling of production processes
- Incentives and investment
- Distribution of raw materials and warehouse management
- Work shifts
- Quantum Machine Learning, further speeding up multiple automated systems
- Quantum circuits for AI training
- Improvement of error detection algorithms
Quantum Computing in the financial services sector
Thanks to their “concrete nature”, quantum computers can operate in fields based on the volatility and malleability of data, such as the Finance sector. They indeed allow not only the optimization of market strategies and models such as portfolios and credit scoring, but also the creation of extremely advanced and complete stochastic models: market forecasts are made in a more precise and realistic manner, also calculating events far into the future, while remaining extremely flexible for any unexpected changes. Moreover, quantum encryption can be used in fields such as the creation of blockchains, to allow them to be ever-safer and better protected
- Analysis of complex economic scenarios
- Optimization of trading
- Calculation of portfolio risks
- Client segmentation and forecast modeling
Security and quantum computing: opportunities for encryption
Quantum computing will be anything but a threat to security – it will actually be possible to use it to improve the capacity of the analysis algorithms which currently allow us to identify fraud and IT attacks and further strengthen the benefits introduced with AI
For some years there has been talk of how the encryption algorithms currently used are at risk due to the development of quantum computers. Encryption algorithms (such as RSA) are based on methods which are essentially impossible for modern computers to crack: the factoring of very large prime numbers, which would take centuries if not millennia for some systems. Quantum computers, on the other hand, are incredibly adept at these kinds of tasks, and recent studies show how some algorithms which are currently widely used could be defeated.
Using quantum computers to develop “quantum-resistant” algorithms or to take first steps towards post-quantum cryptography is increasingly becoming a concrete and necessary requirement: we need to start investing now in prevention and not cure.
Thank you for your interest!
We have received your contact request; we will be in touch shortly to further discuss your business requirements.
Digital Services for your future
Consulting services on Cloud Transformation paths: Legal, Governance and Compliance Consulting
We design, implement, secure and manage Hybrid Cloud Technologies Solutions
We guide you in the transition to the Cloud, with the support of the best Partners and our Consultants
Solutions to improve performance and security of Database and enterprise application ecosystem
Unified Communication and Collaboration, Document Management and Workflow Management Solutions
Design, installation and management of IT infrastructure and Next Gen Networking for Data Center Modernization
Solutions to protect your network, users and endpoints from cyber threats
Consulting, design, audits and education to best defend your data, your assets and your people
Web projects to improve the customer experience: UI/UX, CMS Enterprise and Digital Marketing Consulting
Application modernization, from development to performance monitoring, with DevOps and low-code approach
We build predictive models and automate repetitive processes to optimize your business
Digital catalog, B2X ecommerce and CPQ solution to reach new markets and customers
Customer engagement and cross selling strategies
We manage the entire data lifecycle to improve your decision-making processes
Solutions to improve online sales and drive-to-store, for a unified commerce experience
Digital Transformation Consulting and Delivery of Customer Engagement projects in Customer Engagement, Omnichannel Commerce, B2B eCommerce, Big Data & AI fields
End-to-end ERP projects to achieve process innovation and supply chain customization in manufacturing with INFOR Ln
From Smart Factory to Smart Connected Products, we turn data into value for your business
We drive digital transformation projects for the manufacturing world to extract maximum value from data
We implement projects to optimize the management of the entire product life cycle for Industry 4.0
IoT and Smart Manufacturing consulting pathways in data management to improve performance
Expand business value and improve performance through Smart Connected Products
How to improve the sustainability of cities and the quality of life of citizens thanks to Digital Twin
24/7 Managed Services, always-on enterprise ecosystems in hybrid multi-vendor environments
The business platform that enables you to accelerate your company's innovation
Solutions for the optimal management of Energy Management processes
Banking & Finance Solutions, capital markets and wealth management
Development of proprietary software solutions and RFID hardware components
Building “digital twins” for companies for a more competitive, efficient and inclusive society
Benefits and impacts of HPC for business, research and territories
Managing complex problems to improve business processes and create innovative and sustainable products and services
Break down the barriers between IT and OT, process data faster and improve the customer experience
An open, inclusive platform for everyone for an immersive evolution of the web
Catalyst for innovation, booster for human creativity and accelerator of automation processes